Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Onwards to the other side of the world

Greetings everyone,

I began my journey this morning at about 4AM Eastern time when Reema and I awoke and traveled to the Orlando International Airport. My flight went out at 6:35AM and I connected in Houston before finally reaching my destination in Vancouver, Canada (about 12:00PM Pacific Time, 3PM Eastern...so yes about 11 hours later).

I have a good 10 photos I want to put up, but the internet here is literally unbearable. I takes 10 minutes to upload one photo. So, I'm uploading once choice photo that I will eventually explain at the end.

Fun fact, I flew into Vancouver on Wednesday June 1st, which is apparently the opening day of the Stanley Cup finals (for those of you who don't know, its hockey). The Stanley Cup final is equivalent to the super bowl in Canada, but I'm in the hometown of the Canadian team AND the game is being played here.

It is a madhouse.

The games been over for 2 hours and people are still running through the streets screaming and cars are honking as they drive by the crowds.

I'll post a full account of my day once I can upload some photos. It mostly consists of me eating a lot of Sushi that cost me next to nothing.

Here is downtown Vancouver 2 minutes into the game around 5:30PM.




(sorry its sideways but I'm too tired to care at the moment)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great picture! I can't wait to see the rest. I'm so excited to hear about all the adventures you'll have tomorrow. Talk to you soon and sleep well :3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out you had a blog! This makes me happy :) I hope Words with Friends isn't banned in China... it's your turn.

    ReplyDelete