Thursday, June 23, 2011

So busy!

Xi'an China

An interesting trip so far. I've learned to live without certain things and get used to other new ones.





I am doing a poor job of making updates on my trip but the computer time I get requires fights to the death over who gets to use the computer. Currently about 15 people live in the house and we have one computer between us besides all the people who own laptops.

Also, posting photos takes forever at the volunteer house so I rarely care to put up pictures. This photo took roughly 1 minute to upload so multiple photos is a nightmare.

The volunteering has been great and all the kids are so much fun to work with. They are all so excited to meet an American. They all ask for autographs all the time and the really young ones just come up and hug you when you aren't looking. I taught all of the 4th graders how to write in cursive in class and I have a video of them freaking out when they see the letter 'b'. I will upload it asap.


Downtown Xi'an

If you are having trouble seeing very far, it's the smog. Oh god the smog. I can't wait to see a blue sky again! Every day you can feel the sun beating down but you can look directly at it without sunglasses. When I first landed and got a ride from the airport I couldn't help but cough and the air smelled like blown airbags in a car, yet stale. I have grown accustomed to it but am surely to die of lung cancer by the age of 26.

I'll put up a few videos here as soon as possible. I'm taking a train into Beijing next week and will be seeing lots of famous places there.

No comments:

Post a Comment