Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making Progress

February was a quick month, but lots of happenings took place. Namely, I went on a family camping trip (oh god) as well as saw STS Discovery make its way into orbit. I'm not sure if anything else very exciting happened, I still haven't purchased my plane ticket to China (which I probably should, maybe tomorrow).

The number one bonus of February was new purchases! I am now the proud owner of my very own Canon 1000D (Rebel XS). I will showcase a few snapshots I got from the past few weeks with it to help illustrate what I've been up to!

The camping trip was a huge pain, but ended up being a fun experience.

Breakfast was really tasty, eggs and grits (with plenty of shallot salt)


Adam was rocking some sweet sunglasses.


I got the hat at Smokey Bones during some live event. Don't ask.


Most everyone on the trip are caffeine addicts, so a quick stop at the friendly Ocala Starbuck's was in order. I, personally, was uninterested in the coffee. However, I got this sweet picture.


While everyone was frothing at the mouth over java, Reema and I found a statue that had a striking resemblance to myself.

So, Launch day. Reema and I spent hours looking for parking. The task of finding a place to put the car was so stressful that I forgot to take a picture of all the cars! I did get a picture of Reema's dirty shoes after she tried to find a place for us to take pictures just on the edge of the Indian River.


Reema used my soon-to-be-sold-on-ebay 55-250mm Lens. We got some great shots with it actually, but I could use the money from it for travel costs!


As for the launch, there were more people than anyone could imagine. It took us 5 hours just to drive home from Titusville to Orlando. We ended up eating at El Leoncito, which had great deals on margaritas. We also got to stand outside with our drinks! Here is STS Discovery! The most traveled space shuttle in the fleet.

All in all I consider February a successful month. The volunteer coordinator has answered tons of my questions (like the fact that I can help the on-site cooks make dinner every night!). I'll post more about my trip to China and elsewhere once I buy my plane ticket and pay my full program fee.


No comments:

Post a Comment