Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tickets!


I purchased my plane tickets!

I will be leaving Orlando, Florida on June 1st at about 6:30AM heading for Xi'an China! My flight connects through Houston before flying me up to Vancouver in Canada. All of the one way flights from Orlando went THROUGH Vancouver to China, and cost somewhere around $930-1000 each. So, with some astute searching and study I found that I could get a flight from Vancouver to Xi'an for $489. I then bought at ticket to Vancouver from Orlando for $248.

Total savings = about ~$200
So, what's the catch? I have to fly into Vancouver on June 1st, which is a Wednesday. I don't fly out to China until Friday June 3rd. You guessed it! I'll be spending 2 days in Vancouver, I have already found some hostels for as cheap as $20 a night within the city. The Vancouver International Airport (YVR) has a skytrain connection that goes directly into the heart of the city. I'll be landing around noon PST on June 1st and heading straight into the city to try and meet some new people and see a city I've never been to! I'll also have all of Thursday to parade around and see some of the awesome sights.

Here is a picture of Stanley Park, basically a Central Park that actually has a great deal of nature! Looks pretty cool jutting off the end of the city.


I arrive in Xi'an Saturday at around 10-11pm at night. Talk about jet lag. I'll leave Vancouver (already a little jet lagged 4 hours back) at 1:30pm on Friday and land 12 hours later on the next day! We will see how it feels.




3 comments:

  1. so are you chiniaing alone or is someone else going with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to China alone, but will be with other volunteers.

    2 months

    ReplyDelete